TERMS & CONDITIONS
FOR MATERNITY, NEWBORN & FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHY SESSIONS
1. The acceptance of the booking is based on agreement by the Client of the terms and conditions stated herein.
2. BOOKING FEE: After you have submitted your booking form, you will be invoiced by email for a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the package cost, required as a booking fee. Dates will be reserved only when this deposit is paid by direct deposit, cash or cheque.
3. PAYMENTS: The balance of payment for the photography will be invoiced by email on delivery of photographs and must be settled within 2 weeks.
4. TRAVEL: The travel cost within a radius of 60km from Noosa is included in all price packages. Additional distances (more than 60km from Noosa) will incur a surcharge.
5. SICKNESS: We understand that children can be unpredictable and fall ill at any time. In the event of sickness prior to the session, the Client agrees to make every possible effort to inform the Photographer no later than 3 hours prior to the start time of the photography session. The session can be transferred to a new date which will be at the convenience of both parties within a maximum 2 month period. The Photographer reserves the right to reschedule outside of this time limit due to any existing commitments. If the Client fails to reschedule within the 2 month time period, the Photographer has the right to cancel the booking with all payments made non-refundable. In the event of the child falling ill during the session, the Photographer reserves the right to postpone the photo shoot and reschedule at the convenience of both parties. In the event of this happening the Client agrees to incur the additional travel expenses.
6. WEATHER & ILLNESS: The Photographer cannot be held responsible for images and photography sessions being disrupted by adverse/unfavourable weather conditions. The Photographer shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of your package. The Photographer may choose to postpone the photo shoot in the event of the photographer’s illness.
7. REQUESTED PHOTOGRAPHS: The Photographer will honour all photographs requested and agreed in advance, provided the following factors are met: weather and allocated time permitting, availability and co-operation of the person/s concerned. The Photographer does not undertake to guarantee any specific picture nor incorporate any specific background, location or group arrangement.
8. CREATIVE LICENSE: The Photographer shall be granted creative and artistic license in relation to the choice of locations and compositions used. The Photographer’s assessment on photographic style and the number of photographs taken shall be deemed correct.
9. DELIVERY: The delivery of all high-resolution digital files will be via a private online gallery at brookepetro.com. You will receive a link to the gallery via email after the photos have been edited and uploaded, approximately 3-6 weeks after your photoshoot. You will be able to download the files directly from the gallery. Alternatively you may request the files to be sent via USB.
10. COPYRIGHT: It is understood that the copyright of all and any photographs belongs to Brooke Petro Photography. No photographs may be copied or reproduced by any means photographic or otherwise by any person or machine other than by the photographer, unless the high-resolution pictures are purchased by the Client. Releasing photographs online by the Client (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, blog or any other online channels) are prohibited unless the photographer’s company name, and/or Website is tagged or mentioned along with the image.
11. MODEL RELEASE: The copyright of all photographs is owned by Brooke Petro Photography. We, the client, give permission to Brooke Petro Photography to use any image from our photo session for industry competitions and as required subsequent usage and for general promotional advertising for Brooke Petro Photography. Brooke Petro Photography is entitled to use all images produced for exhibitions, digital and print marketing, publications, websites, and/or display purposes.
12. STORAGE: After 12 months from your session date Brooke Petro Photography will no longer be responsible for storing your image files.
13. MISC: Although the photographer shall exercise all reasonable skill, care and diligence in the discharge of her duties, it is understood that, in the event of any unforeseen circumstances causing loss of photographic record, the Photographer will only be responsible for the return of all the money paid to date, although every effort will be made to re-take the photographs.